Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Procrastinating...getting over it.

UGH...so lazy. Sadly not a good way to take my first steps towards solving the problem. Procrastinating about solving procrastination feels almost comically ironic in this situation. Welllll at least I got it done right? So that should count for something, cause you knowww...you got to crawl before you walk, right? I know at some point in my life I wasn't like this...classical conditioning sucks. So I guess all it takes is classical conditioning to reverse it. Since high school I've had a chronic problem with bad procrastination...not doing assignments till lunch time when the class I have is next. I think the freedom of college sort of nudged it a bit further on and last semester just destroyed me. However, I finally got a bit motivated and have been trying to stay on top of my homework, but after a while I would only do some of the homework that I thought was easy or more entertaining to me and get them done with...than I'd be left with the harder stuff that I didn't want to do in the first place. I still get them done before hand...but not as early as I would actually prefer. So I think I need to start there, and hopefully the rest of my tasks and chores that I keep putting off will eventually follow.

No comments: