Thursday, May 3, 2007

Procrastination...skip skip do

Wow I'm terrible at keeping a constant post. Often days I postpone this till night, but somehow expect that I actually did it earlier that day when I get to it. Apparently, sometimes I don't do it and I apologize for that. Tuesday was mostly spent practicing for my Spanish oral exam and meeting with my partner I had to present with. This I was really upset with, because I knew more of the grammar and vocab than she did. She knew practically nothing, and when we "met" to "practice" it was actually me telling her what to do and what to say when we present. So...yesterday came and we got a pretty easy skit to do when we picked at random. We even had extra time than just 5 minutes to prepare for it too...and yet somehow she still managed to fuck it up. Not only did she not say what she was supposed to, but ended up going off on random tangents in the conversation. I mostly had to improve a lot of shit and try to make-up for her shittiness...thus making myself look bad. The thing that really got to me is that...not only did she only say about 5-7 lines for an entire 5 minute skit, but since I was making up for her lack of knowledge I looked bad in the process and ended up getting a lower grade than her!!! It's like I PRACTICED, STUDIED, AND PREPARED MYSELF AND HER FOR THIS!!! But I digress...after that I was sort of in a bad mood all day and tried to just chill out and get some other work done. In the end I forgot about this assignment, and my week just keeps getting worse and worse. Hopefully this seemingly unfortunate events don't continue into next week when I'll need all the luck I can get. Hopefully I can get myself moving this early afternoon to accomplish some things before my class tonight. Laters for now.

No comments: